Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cutting for Paper Piecing

Eeeeeeeevvvvaaaaaaa!




Pattern lain out. I put them out so that the numbers face different directions than the neighbors.


The first time I made this block, I got all the pieces in wrong.  
It was U-G-L-Y!  Now I draw out a picture so I don't make that mistake again.


You can't really tell in this pic, but the folded edge is the short edge.  
You can get 5 templates across this ~9 inch piece.  
I folded it up so I could cut a BUNCH at once!!


I cut through four layers.  
It literally took me six cuts of my rotary blade to get 20 pieces.


I should mention that I don't cut exactly on the template.  
I give myself some extra wiggle room. And I made the template HUGE!!





You can also fold your strip in half and make fewer cuts.





I will now go make a block and post that in a bit.  
Hopefully it will equal better pictures for you all now that it sunny out...

No comments:

Post a Comment